What do I have to do to participate in full-price daily stays?
Please contact the Sales and Analysis Department at the phone number: +48 12 278 75 12/04 or email@example.com
What diseases are treated in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Health Resort?
• chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD),
• recurrent nose, sinus, throat and larynx diseases,
• chronic bronchitis and pneumonia,
What should I take with me for medical qualification?
For the medical qualification it is recommended to take all current examination results (photocopies will be attached to the newly-created medical records):
• urine, blood cell count with smear, ESR (valid for 1 month)
• chest X-ray or other imaging examinations (valid for 2 years),
• ECG (valid for 3 months) - for people over 40 years of age.
Children (4-18 years):
• urine, blood cell count with smear, ESR (valid for 1 month).
ID card, list of taken medicines, information about hospital treatment and surgical procedures (medical information letters - for inspection), information on allergies (if any).
Are there any contraindications to the treatment?
• the patient with active cancer or if the disease occurred before the end of a 5-year grace period,
• immunosuppressive treatment: cytostatics, cyclosporins, radiotherapy, steroids at high doses regardless of the cause of the use,
• severe respiratory and circulatory failure,
• clinically active infectious diseases,
• acute infectious diseases with fever,
• auto-aggression bone-joint diseases,
• unstable angina or arrhythmia putting the patient at risk of losing consciousness,
• uncontrolled hypertension,
• serious damage to the musculoskeletal system that prevents from independent movement,
• unstable diabetes,
• mental illness, especially depressive syndromes and claustrophobia,
Is it possible to apply underground treatment in a small child?
Respiratory rehabilitation can be applied in adults and children from the age of 4 years.
Treatment with the microclimate of underground salt chambers uses adaptive mechanisms of the human body, which is associated with stimulation of the immune system. The shaping of the natural immunity of a human is carried out in phases. Psychophysical abilities of children over the age of 4 are ready to take advantage of this method.
Where are the sessions held?
Going down the mine takes place at the Regis Shaft located in the city centre - Kosciuszki Square 9.
Can the child go underground alone?
Children up to the age of 14 are under the care of an adult. The Health Resort allows an adult, who is on a rehabilitation and treatment stay, to be the guardian of a child up to 14 years.
What is the temperature underground?
The temperature in the salt chambers is around 13-14.5°C and air humidity is at the level of around 60 - 75%, that's why you should wear a warm comfortable sports outfit and solid footwear to be able to get to the treatment area (about 700 m from the Regis Shaft).
Light, sports footwear to change into is obligatory for exercises in salt chambers.
Am I allowed to eat underground?
Due to the length of stay (6 hours), we recommend that you bring provisions with you, as there is no catering in salt chambers. There is a possibility to use an electric kettle and a microwave oven - please bring your own mugs, coffee, tea, etc.
What is the time of going down the mine as part of therapeutic day stays?
You can go down the mine in two shifts:
• meeting at 7:45 am,
• going down at 8:00 am,
• leaving the Chamber at 2 pm.
• meeting at 1:15 pm,
• going down at 1:30 pm,
• leaving the Chamber at 7:30 pm.