What do I have to do to participate in full-price daily stays?
Please contact the Sales and Analysis Department at the phone number: +48 12 278 75 12/04 or email@example.com
What diseases are treated in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Health Resort?
• chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD),
• recurrent nose, sinus, throat and larynx diseases,
• chronic bronchitis and pneumonia,
What should I take with me for medical qualification?
For the medical qualification it is recommended to take all current examination results (photocopies will be attached to the newly-created medical records):
• urine, blood cell count with smear, ESR (valid for 1 month)
• chest X-ray or other imaging examinations (valid for 2 years),
• ECG (valid for 3 months) - for people over 40 years of age.
Children (4-18 years):
• urine, blood cell count with smear, ESR (valid for 1 month).
ID card, list of taken medicines, information about hospital treatment and surgical procedures (medical information letters - for inspection), information on allergies (if any).
Are there any contraindications to the treatment?
• currently active cancer or the past history of cancer within 5 years of the grace period,
• primary or secondary immunodeficiency,
• clinically active, acute or chronic infectious diseases (carriage is not a contraindication),
• serious damage to the musculoskeletal system that prevents independent movement,
• severe respiratory and cardiac insufficiency leading to a sedentary lifestyle,
• increased intracranial pressure, in the course of, among other things, infectious diseases, injuries,
• recent (up to 6 months) surgery or injury of the chest, abdomen, facial skeleton, brain or eyeball,
• recent (up to 6 months) history of myocardial infarction or stroke,
• aneurysm of the cerebral vessels or aorta,
• severe heart valve defects,
• arrhythmia threatened with the loss of consciousness,
• untreated hypertension, bleeding tendency,
• mental illnesses, especially claustrophobia,
• rheumatic diseases with the involvement of the bones and joints,
• epilepsy manifested as focal seizures with consciousness disorders and focal seizures evolving into bilateral tonic-clonic seizures,
Is it possible to apply underground treatment in a small child?
Respiratory rehabilitation can be applied in adults and children from the age of 4 years.
Treatment with the microclimate of underground salt chambers uses adaptive mechanisms of the human body, which is associated with stimulation of the immune system. The shaping of the natural immunity of a human is carried out in phases. Psychophysical abilities of children over the age of 4 are ready to take advantage of this method.
Where are the sessions held?
Going down the mine takes place at the Regis Shaft located in the city centre - Kosciuszki Square 9.
Can the child go underground alone?
Children up to the age of 14 are under the care of an adult. The Health Resort allows an adult, who is on a rehabilitation and treatment stay, to be the guardian of a child up to 14 years.
What is the temperature underground?
The temperature in the salt chambers is around 13-14.5°C and air humidity is at the level of around 60 - 75%, that's why you should wear a warm comfortable sports outfit and solid footwear to be able to get to the treatment area (about 700 m from the Regis Shaft).
Light, sports footwear to change into is obligatory for exercises in salt chambers.
Am I allowed to eat underground?
Due to the length of stay (6 hours), we recommend that you bring provisions with you, as there is no catering in salt chambers. There is a possibility to use an electric kettle and a microwave oven - please bring your own mugs, coffee, tea, etc.
What is the time of going down the mine as part of therapeutic day stays?
You can go down the mine in two shifts:
• meeting at 7:45 am,
• going down at 8:00 am,
• leaving the Chamber at 2 pm.
• meeting at 1:15 pm,
• going down at 1:30 pm,
• leaving the Chamber at 7:30 pm.