What forms of treatment are offered by the Health Resort in the Mine?
• one-day stays (Health Day, Healthy Saturday, Healthy Sleep),
• a few or a dozen days of stay,
• full 3-week day stays,
• all stays in a full or outpatient form.
Outpatient stays with the option of buying accommodation. The complete treatment includes 3 weeks (15 treatment days from Monday to Friday).
How does the stay in the Mine look like?
Each time the pulmonary rehabilitation program is prepared individually for each Patient and includes:
• education in basic knowledge about the disease,
• modern respiratory gymnastics: breath control exercises, respiratory pattern correction, diaphragmatic breathing training, respiratory muscle training, bronchial tree toilet treatments,
• relaxation and movement exercises, aerobics,
• inhalation (nebulization) with saline or medications after ordering by a doctor and at an extra charge.
What can I do in the time spare of rehabilitation and treatment sessions?
In the time spare of rehabilitation and treatment sessions, at an extra charge patients can take advantage of the following activities:
• visiting the historic Tourist Route in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine,
• exploring the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Miners Route,
• visiting the Graduation Tower,
• climatic-therapeutic overnight stays,
• Healthy Saturday program,
• therapeutic and relaxation massages,
• biological renewal treatments,
• optional excursions.
What if I pay an advance payment and the process of qualification will reveal contraindications to the treatment?
The Health Resort provides a refund of the advance payment or change of the date of the stay. However, the Patient pays for accommodation, meals, transfer and other services.
What conditions do I have to meet to start the underground treatment?
First of all, please provide your planned date of arrival and the number of people expected to come. Then, after checking the availability, the Health Resort sends the booking confirmation. Reservation is guaranteed when the advance payment is made until the time indicated in the confirmation.
What should I take with me underground:
Owing the temperature in the chambers (13-14.5°C) and exercises done during the stay, you should take warm, comfortable sports clothing (it's best to get dressed up in layers) and sports shoes. We recommend taking provisions, mugs, coffee and tea.
How long do you have to be underground in order to get the effect of treatment?
Going down the mine brings instant relief, especially for people suffering from allergic rhinitis during periods of exposure to high concentrations of allergenic agents. However, for the therapeutic effect to persist (from six months to a year), it is necessary to take advantage of a longer stay (preferably 3 weeks).
Does the Health Resort provide accommodation, meals, transfer? What are the options?
There is a possibility of accommodation at the Grand Sal**** Hotel. Breakfast is included in the price. It is possible to buy full board and transfer.
What is included in the price of the therapeutic stay?
• medical qualification tests,
• 6-hour stays in the therapeutic chamber on a daily basis; the program includes pulmonary rehabilitation under the conditions of subterraneotherapy,
• care of a doctor, nurse, physiotherapist.
Additionally, you can take advantage of:
• accommodation at the Grand Sal **** Hotel,
• breakfast, dinner and lunch packages,
• visiting the Tourist Route in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine,
• visiting the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine Miners Route,
• visiting the Graduation Tower,
• transfer from the Main Railway Station in Krakow or the Krakow Balice Airport in a roundtrip.
How long will I stay underground as part of the Health Day?
The Health Day program lasts 6 hours. During the stay, you participate in various types of activities with physiotherapists. It is also possible to rest and participate in recreational activities.